Pages

Monday, August 27, 2007

Fantastic Shop in "The Prettiest Village"

As you drive north on US 1 into Wiscasset, Maine, you see this sign.



And, if you go real slow and bear to the left before the bridge, you will find the Stitcher's Corner.



Owned by Janet Palen, the Stitcher's Corner is the ultimate treasure trove for cross-stitchers and other needleworkers. My mom and dad rode up with me, but left me to browse to my heart's content, and gab away with Janet and Brenda. Framed on the wall were G & P's New England Sampler, C Stitch's Lighthouses of the World, and Cedar Hill's Animal Rhymes. Awe-inspiring, to say the least!

It was a shear delight to visit with the ladies there. The little plastic card got a little ventilation as well. I will definitely be back!!

And here's a tip: If you're looking for New England Sampler, give them a call. I heard that Janet bought all of Ginger's remaining stock, and has convinced her to release more.

4 comments:

  1. welcome back , sounds like you had a great time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every other year we vacation in the Boothbay area and I visit this shop as well as the WillowsEnd shop in Boothbay but I truly enjoy the Wiscasset shop most. Splendid ladies and one of the most wonderful fiber rooms I have ever been in ... a jam-packed little treasure trove of a shop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that place! She has awesome samplers :o)

    Btw Pam, did you know that Wiscasset is the home of THE BEST lobster roll? I was drooling at the thought of getting one but when we went by, the line up was SO long and it was pouring rain out :o( Maybe next time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pam, Your blog just keeps getting better and better! I love all of your links on the left. I missed you while you were gone. Glad you are back! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are important to us. We do hope you will at least indicate you stopped by. Happy Stitching!