Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

My Needle is Smokin!

 

Thanks to some intolerable temps around here and lots of Red Sox to watch on TV, I’ve found quite a bit of time to stitch.

My strong sense of completion is being satiated lately by flippin’ through my extensive freebie collection, and discovering some quickies that just thrill me.  Here’s a darling little French number that has been calling my name for several years.  I used a scrap piece of 28 ct. grey evenweave and some Gentle Arts Black Crow.  I loved every second of stitching this one.

 IMG_0143a

“Black Needles” by Marie Auriau

This next is a La-D-Da freebie that I picked up at Keepsakes a couple of weekends ago. Barb cut me a small piece of 32-ct Belfast Autumn Fields, and I stitched it with DMC Variations #4130. Stitched it up while watching the 25 anniversary concert of Les Mis on PBS. What a production! Fabulous!

IMG_0137a

“1-2-3” by La-D-Da

These little projects have proven to be nice breaks from “Over the River,” but I am making good progress on it as well.  It is nice to see Santa all completed!

IMG_0142a

Hope your needle is blissfully sailing along as well!!

5 comments:

  1. Nothing like a finish to satisfy. I love your Santa, he is just darling

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice finishes, love the needle one. Santa is coming along nicely.
    Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work - that Needles one has hollered at me off & on for a long time, too - but so far I've ignored it (but not the 20 other things I have going :( )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on your finishes! Freebies are great quickies - I love to do them when I need a "finish" fix!

    http://firefliescatsinthegarden.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your stitched pieces and yes, due to the extreme heat here in Texas, my needle has been busy as well! blessings, Kathleen

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are important to us. We do hope you will at least indicate you stopped by. Happy Stitching!