Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Stitching "Bug Light"

One of my favorite spots last summer was the relatively new Bug Light Park in South Portland. I could walk to it from the Betsy Ross House, where Mom now lives. And I did, during Hurricane Irene, which had been reduced to a tropical storm by the time it reached us. These pictures were taken that day. There are high-rise condos near there, looking out over Casco Bay. Maybe that's where I'll retire!

I resolved to stitch up this wonderful landmark. I already owned a kit, which didn't look too exciting. I've started on it and there's A LOT OF WHITE, naturally. I found another and purchased it this fall.

I plan to stitch both of these up and then frame my photographs and my stitching as a collage.

For both of them, I will not stitch the word "Breakwater," because, to me, it'll always be Bug Light.










Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important to us. We do hope you will at least indicate you stopped by. Happy Stitching!